- Clay Oven Barbecue
- Tandoori Specials
- Chef’s Recommendations
- Seafood Dishes
- Biryani Dishes
- Chicken Specialities
- Lamb Specialities
- Traditional Favourites
- Vegetarian Specials
- Side Dishes
Simran Special Banquet (vegetarian)
£15.95 per person
Mixed Vegetable Samosa and Garlic Pakora.
Vegetable Passanda, Beigan Mushroom Jalfrezie and Sag Panir Malay.
Served with special vegetable fried rice or naan bread.
Abidha Special Banquet (non-vegetarian)
£18.95 per person
Tandoori Chicken, Lamb Kebab.
Chicken Tikka Massalla, Lamb Jalfrezie, Prawn Palak Massalla.
Served with special vegetable fried rice or naan bread.
Coated with flavoured gram flour, deep fried and served with salad and sweet sauce.
- Vegetable Pakora
- Chicken Cutlet
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Fish Pakora
- HAggis Pakora
Clay Oven Barbecue
Marinated with our specially selected spices, cooked in the tandoori clay oven served with salad, fried onions and sweet sauce.
- Chicken Kebab
- Lamb Kebab
- Sheek Kebab
- Mixed Kebab
- ¼ Tandoori Chicken (on the bone)
Pastry stuffed with fillings, deep fried and served with salad and sweet sauce.
- Meat Samosa
- Vegetable Samosa
- Chicken Puree
- Please order mild, medium or hot to taste. Served with thin deep fried puree, salad and sweet sauce.
- King Prawn Pathia Puree
- Large king prawn cooked with hot, sweet and sour pathia sauce, served with salad and sweet sauce.
- Mach Puree
- Sardine fish marinated with onions and curry flavours, served with salad and sweet sauce. Served with thin fried Puree (bread).
- Tandoori Chicken (on the bone)
- Half spring chicken marinated in yoghurt with delicate herbs and spices, tandoori barbecue and served with salad and sweet yoghurt sauce.
- Lamb Tikka
- Diced lamb marinated with spices then grilled on skewers, served with salad and sauce.
- Chicken Tikka
- Diced chicken marinated with spices then grilled on skewers, served with salad and mint sauce.
- Tandoori Mixed
- Consists of tandoori chicken, lamb tikka, sheek kebab, served with salad and sauce.
- Tandoori King Prawn
- Marinated King Prawn on skewers, served with salad and sauce.
- Shaslik Tandoori
- Marinated lamb or chicken cooked in tandoor, sautéed with onion, tomato, green pepper, fresh coriander leaves and spring onions.
- Lahori Karahi
- Diced barbecued lamb or chicken cooked with lahori paste, coriander, spring onion, cherry tomato, organic button onion, red and green pepper, fresh green chilli. Fairly hot and spicy.
- Karahi Skadow
- Diced lamb or diced chicken cooked in balti sauce, spring onion and fresh cream; very popular in Kashmir. Spicy, mild.
- Karahi Murghi Keema Massalla
- Diced barbecued chicken cooked in lamb mince, coriander, green and red pepper. Medium hot.
- Anaros Karahi
- Half diced chicken cooked with crushed fresh pineapple, cinnamon, cardamom, sultana, cashew nuts, balti sauce and selected spices. Very tasty, sweet and sour.
- Balti Adrak Massalla
- Diced lamb or barbecue diced chicken. Cooked in balti sauce, fresh chopped ginger, coriander, spring onions. Medium strength.
- Balti Garlic Massalla
- Diced lamb or chicken tikka breast, cooked in chopped fresh garlic, balti sauce, coriander, spring onion, green
and red peppers. Medium hot.
- Balti Shorisha Chicken
- Diced chicken cooked in mustard side, balti sauce, green chilli and roasted cumin, spinach, coriander. Fairly hot, very tasty.
- Balti Bojpori Massalla
- Diced lamb or diced chicken tikka cooked in fresh chopped garlic and ginger, Indian fresh lemon, small diced green chilli,
spring onion, coriander. Fairly hot, very tasty.
- Balti Murgh Achari
- Diced barbecued chicken, cooked with special achari Massalla spice, yoghurt, tomato puri and almond powder. Medium hot.
- King Prawn Jalfrezie
- Steamed king prawns cooked with chopped green pepper, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves in a medium hot sauce. Garnished with a tough of fresh ginger and tomato.
- Tandoori King Prawn Massallam
- King prawns are carefully marinated with tandoori spices, fresh yoghurt and lemon juice, then roasted in a clay oven. Finally
cooked in a mild creamy and ground almond sauce. A totally satisfying medium to mild dish.
- Balti Chilli Adrak Cod
- Fried cod fish cooked with balti paste, chopped ginger, fresh coriander and spring onion. Medium hot.
- King Prawn Rezala
- Lightly browned king prawns in grated onion, garlic, ginger and delicate spices. Finally cooked with whole green chillies and a
touch of fresh yoghurt. Garnished with coriander leaves and butter fried sliced onion. Very, very special medium hot dish.
- King Prawn Korma
- Freshly steamed king prawns cooked in very mild and aromatic ground spices such as mace, nutmeg, almond and cardamom. Finished with fresh cream and crushed pistachio. Extra mild and creamy.
- Prawn Palak Massalla
- Large prawns cooked with fresh spinach and a touch of mixed lentil sauce. Garnished with fried garlic and cumin seeds.
- Sabzi Biryani
- A beautiful preparation of Tilda basmati rice together with steam cooked mixed vegetables, ground nutmeg, mace, saffron,
clarified butter and almond. Garnished with sliced cucumber and tomato. Accompanied with medium hot vegetable sauce, green salad.
- Chicken or Lamb Biryani
- An extremely nourishing preparation of Tilda basmati rice along with tender chicken and steam cooked lamb pieces, nutmeg,
mace, ground almond and clarified butter. Decorated with saffron, butter fried onion, slices of cucumber and tomato. Accompanied by vegetable sauce and green salad.
- King Prawn Biryani
- This is a very special festive dish in fishing villages in Karaikal. Lightly browned king prawns along with Tilda basmati rice,
nutmeg, mace, ground almonds and clarified gutter. Decorated with saffron, butter fried onion, slices of cucumber and tomato. Accompanied with vegetable rezala sauce and salad.
- Chicken or Lamb Tikka Biryani
- Tandoori grilled chicken or lamb tikka kebab with ground nutmeg, mace, almond, saffron and drops of rose water, then stir fried with Tilda basmati rice and clarified butter giving a unique rich flavour. Decorated with butter fried onion, slices of cucumber and tomato. Accompanied with vegetable sauce and green salad.
- Chicken Jalfrezie
- Diced barbecued chicken with fresh chopped green chillies, green pepper, cubed onion and fresh coriander. Garnished with a touch of grated fresh ginger. Fairly spicy and hot.
- Chicken Tikka Massalam
- All time favourite created by the great marathi from the north of India. This dish consists of charcoal grilled pieces of chicken fresh yoghurt, lemon juice and aromatic tandoori spices in a rich creamy sauce. Completed with almond flake, fresh cream and coriander leaves. Very mild and sweet.
- Palak Chicken
- Steam cooked chicken combined with fresh spinach, whole green herbs and spices. Garnished with a touch of grated ginger and garlic. Medium hot and spicy.
- Hyderabadi Murghi Massalla
- An extremely popular dish from west Bengal. Lightly seasoned chicken pieces steam cooked in peeled tomato, green peppers
and fresh coriander sauce. Garnished with spring onion. Medium hot.
- Coconut Reshmi Chicken
- This is a south Indian flavoured dish lightly steamed pieces of chicken enhanced in a rich coconut milk sauce and a mixture
of original Madrasi spices. Mild and sweet.
- Chicken Passanda
- Finely sliced tandoori roasted chicken cooked in a round almond, fresh cream and mild exotic spicy based sauce. Finished with butter, fried onion, broken pistachio and coriander leaves. Exotic, mild and very smooth.
- Mug Daal Chicken
- Well marinated barbecued chicken kebab added to spring onion, ginger, ground roasted cumin and lentil sauce. Topped with a sprig of coriander leaves. This is a spicy fairly hot and very tasty dish.
- Patak Massalla Chicken
- Steamed spring chicken cooked with tomato puree, red pepper, crushed garlic, ginger, coriander and exotic Kashmiri spice paste.
Finished with fresh chopped tomato and coriander leaves. Fairly hot.
- North Indian Chilli Garlic Chicken
- Barbecued dice chicken cooked in north Indian spice, fresh chilli, chopped garlic and spring onion.
- Chicken Jaipuri
- Marinated chicken cooked with fried mushrooms, fried onions, fresh herbs and spices and tomato ketchup.
- Chicken Tikka Nentara
- Tikka chicken cooked in yoghurt, mango chutney and tomato sauce. Resulting in a tangy flavour. Highly recommended.
- Khumbi Murgh Massalla
- Tender pieces of chicken kebab together with button mushrooms, fried cubed onion, green pepper and thick spicy sauce. Garnished with a pinch of fried garam massalam. Medium hot.
- Bombay Green Chicken
- Chicken cooked with green pepper, mint, coriander, green chilli, mixed spices and lime juice. Hot and spicy. One of Bombay’s best.
- Kaboli Chana Gosht
- Steamed lamb with boiled chick peas in a sharp ground spicy sauce and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Medium hot for slightly sour taste.
- Mug Daal Gosht
- Steamed lamb enhanced in cinnamon, spring onion and mug lentil with crushed ginger, roasted ground cumin. Spicy, fairly hot and very tasty.
- Hyderabadi Massalla Gosht
- Steam cooked tender lamb in glum tomato, green pepper, fresh coriander and whole green herbs. Garnished with chopped spring onion. Medium hot and spicy.
- Lamb Jalfrezie
- Steamed lamb cooked with fresh chopped green chillies, green and red pepper, cubed onion and fresh coriander. Garnished with a touch of grated ginger and roasted cumin. Fairly spicy and hot.
- Amritsari Massalla Lamb
- Steamed cooked diced lamb in freshly round methi (fenugreek) seed. Garnished with fresh methi leaves. Extremely popular dish in the Punjab. Richly flavoured, spicy and medium hot.
- Bhindi Gosht
- Bhuna lamb with baby okra. A superb Punjabi dish.
- Lamb Passanda
- Thinly sliced steam cooked lamb together with freshly ground almond, pistachio, fresh cream and mild spicy sauce. Aromatic, mild and very smooth.
- Sag Gosht
- Steam cooked lamb combined with fresh spinach, chopped garlic and whole green herb sauce. Garnished with green chillies and coriander leaves. Hot and spicy.
- Lamb Rezala
- A nourishing old Delhi style dish consisting of chopped lamb, rated onions, garlic, ginger and exotic spices. Cooked with whole
green chillies, a touch of fresh yoghurt and a few drops of rose water. Finished with coriander leaves. Sweet and hot taste.
- Jaipuri Massalla Lamb
- Lamb cooked with fresh mushroom, green pepper, fried onions and fresh Punjabi Massalla in a thick sauce. Highly recommended.
- North Indian Chilli Garlic Lamb
- Lamb cooked with fresh garlic, green pepper, green chilli, spring onion, coriander and north Indian spices. Hot and spicy.
- Bombay Green Lamb
- Lamb cooked with green pepper, mint, coriander, green chilli, mixed spices and lime juice. Hot and spicy.
- Chicken Tikka/Lamb Tikka
- King Prawn
- Mixed Vegetables
A combination of a special blend of spices, onions and tomatoes fried together to provide a dish of medium strength and rather dry consistency.
A very famous dish, with a greater proportion of spices which lend to a fairly hot taste to its richness.
A beautiful combination of herbs and spices, with lentil mixed with curd, producing a sour, sweet and hot taste.
A mildly spiced dish prepared with pineapple, fruit juices, coconut and cream to create a beautiful flavour.
Cooked with seasonal fruit cream and coconut cream garnished with almond flakes.
A delicately spiced sauce, cooked with sweet pimentos, capsicums and tomatoes. An original authentic Indian dish with a great aroma. A very satisfying dish.
Specially cooked with oriental herbs and spices to achieve hot, sweet and sour flavour. Lightly fried onions in a thick sweet and sour sauce. A hot dish with a distinctive aroma.
Cooked with a generous helping of onions, herbs and spices. Medium hot.
A delicate preparation of curd, cream and selected spices, producing very mild flavour.
Our special vindaloo sauce with mustard seeds and vinegar.
- Mixed Vegetables
- Aubergine & Mushroom Jalfrezie
- Diced fresh aubergine and whole mushrooms, cooked with chopped green pepper, green chillies, in a medium hot spicy sauce. Finally garnished with a touch of ginger and coriander leaves.
- Katmandu Sag Mushroom
- Steam cooked fresh spinach and whole button mushroom tossed with finely milled special Madrasi spices and mug daal and cubed pineapple. Garnished with roasted cumin.
- Lahoori Sabzi Karabi
- A wonderful combination of crunchy vegetables cooked in tomato puree, crushed garlic, ginger and slightly sour Kashmiri spices. Garnished with chopped tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Sag Panir Malay
- Oriental cottage cheese with spinach, coriander and fresh ground mustard seeds. Medium spicy.
- Vegetable Chilli Daal Massalla
- A fresh selection of vegetables steam cooked with chopped green chillies, coriander and mixed lentils. Completed with a touch of fresh ginger. Fairly hot and spicy.
- Sabzi Nobo Massalla
- Mix of nine seasonal vegetables – potatoes, peas, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and aubergines stir fried and cooked with healthy herbs and spices and garnished with panir (home made cheese).
- Keema Muttar
- Mince and green peas.
- Aloo Mushroom
- Potato and mushroom.
- Chana Mushroom
- Mushroom with chick peas.
- Aloo Baigan Bhaji
- Aubergine and potato.
- Chana Bhuna
- Chick peas in a coriander sauce.
- Anaros Daal Sambar
- Pineapple in a lentil and tamarind sauce.
- Bombay Aloo Bhaji
- Spiced potato.Chef recommendation.
- Mushroom Bhaji
- Spiced mushroom.
- Bhindi Bhaji
- Freshly spiced okra.
- Sabzi Bhaji
- Mixed vegetables with green pepper.
- Tarka Daal
- Lentils in garlic sauce.
- Aloo Sag
- Spinach and potato.
- Chana Aloo
- Chick peas and potato.
- Aloo Panir
- Spiced potato and cottage cheese.
- Gobi Panir
- Cauliflower and cottage cheese.
- Muttar Panir
- Peas and cottage cheese.
- Aloo Gobi
- Potato and cauliflower.
- Prawn Baigan Bhaji
- Large prawns fried with chopped aubergine.
- Cucumber Raita
- Freshly spiced yoghurt with sliced onion, tomato, cucumber and cumin seeds.
Two types of rice can be used together with Indian food, namely basmati or patna. India today uses basmati (its name means the fragrant one) because of its distinctive aroma an flavour. Basmati rice is aged for up to a year after harvest before export for use throughout the world.
- Basmati Pilau Rice
- Saffron rice.
- Chick Pea Fried Rice
- Pilau rice with chick peas.
- Mushroom Fried Rice
- Pilau rice with fresh sliced mushroom.
- Egg Pea Fried Rice
- Pilau rice with egg and green peas.
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Pilau rice with mixed vegetables.
- Boiled Rice with Lemon
- Keema Muttar Rice
- Minced lamb, garden peas and potato.
- Ghee & Onion Fried Rice
- Pure butter and onion fried.
- Coconut Rice
There are many varieties of Indian bread which differ both in their ingredients and their baking. The breads can be leavened or unleavened,
baked in tandoori ovens, shallow or deep fried. They can be spiced or plain, or have a mixture of nuts, fruits or vegetables.
- Plain Naan
- Fluffy tandoori baked leavened bread.
- Garlic Naan
- Stuffed with crushed garlic and coriander.
- Keema Naan
- Stuffed with spiced mincemeat.
- Peshwari Naan
- Stuffed with sultana, almond and coconut.
- Fomash Naan
- Stuffed with creamy soft cheese.
- Butter fried unleavened wheat bread.
- Unleavened whole wheat bread.
- Popadoms with Pickle Tray
- Bombay Haggis Naan
- Spiced Haggis and potato stuffed naan